Image: The City of David Archaeological Site
Christianity Today has put together a list of the ten most important biblical archaeological discoveries of 2013.
Here is the list:
1. The Egyptian Scarab of Khirbet el-Maqatir
2. Jezreel Winepress
3. The Wine Cellar of Tel Kabri
4. Royal Public Buildings at Khirbet Qeiyafa
5. The Sphinx of Hazor
6. Gold Hoard Found Near the Temple Mount
7. Roman Legion Base in Galilee
8. Mt. Zion Priestly Mansion
9. An Extra Destruction Level at Gezer
10. Stone pyramid under the Sea of Galilee
All these amazing discoveries help us gain a better understanding of what happened in the land of the Bible during the biblical period. You can read why these discoveries are important and gain a better understanding their significance by visiting Christianity Today online.
Professor of Old Testament
Northern Baptist Seminary