The Evangelical Alliance of Great Britain has published the Ten Commandments of Blogging. These Ten Commandments of Blogging were first published by Ruth Gledhill, The Times Religion Correspondent. Gledhill also has an article discussing these Commandments.
These are the Ten Commandments of Blogging:
1. You shall not put your blog before your integrity.
2. You shall not make an idol of your blog.
3. You shall not misuse your screen name by using your anonymity to sin.
4. Remember the Sabbath day by taking one day off a week from your blog.
5. Honour your fellow-bloggers above yourselves and do not give undue significance to their mistakes.
6. You shall not murder someone else’s honour, reputation or feelings.
7. You shall not use the web to commit or permit adultery in your mind.
8. You shall not steal another person’s content.
9. You shall not give false testimony against your fellow-blogger.
10.You shall not covet your neighbour’s blog ranking. Be content with your own content.
I am well aware of the 8th Commandment for blogging. For this reason, I want to give credit to Ruth Gledhill by saying again that this list as well as Moses’ picture on this post were taken from her blog.
Professor of Old Testament
Northern Baptist Seminary